Friday, April 24, 2015

My Persuasive Essay: why you should conserve electricity

            When you keep a light on all night all you think is “What is the worst thing that could happen?” Our country uses a lot to much electricity. Try to stop! Because the USA holds only 5% of the world’s people but uses 25% of the electricity. 65% of the electricity in an average Americans home is used just for heat. Each computer in use makes that person using it spend an extra $34.00 a year. Each dish washer uses 80% of the electricity in the outlet it is plugged into just for heat.If a 100 watt bulb is on for half a day every day for a year it could burn 400 pounds of fossil fuel. Do you want this sort of stuff to happen to our environment? If not, try to conserve your electricity.
             Why should I help?  You ask. Well conserving electricity could help earth and you. Conserving electricity can reduce, it can also reduce acid rain, and save fossil fuels: non-non-renewable power sources that could take billions of years to reform. By helping out it could also benefit you by saving you money. Conserving electricity protects us from losing a thing called the ozone layer a layer in the earth that protects us from ultra violet light rays. Conserving electricity could even help global warming and climate change. So those are many, many reasons that you should conserve electricity.
           
            I can tell that you are wondering “How could I help?” Well it’s not like you need a whole army! If you want some easy ways to help, read this! Encourage your family to buy florescent lights. You could also put your dish washer on cold, or maybe you could try to share a computer with a sibling or two. You can turn off the heat and put on a layer. Another easy way to conserve electricity is to unplug appliances when you are not using them. You can turn off your lights at night and have a shadow puppet show or turn off your lights on sunny days. Here is a big one, TELL YOUR FRIENDS! See you can help out if you are 2-200! Any age it makes a difference one person at a time!

            People all around you are already starting take me for example, I turn off my lights and appliances at night. My family now puts our dish washer on cold and uses fluorescent lights. I use my sister’s old computer, I usually keep my heat down and put on a blanket, and I plan to get my whole school on board. So if I still have your attention please listen to this next part.


 I feel very strongly about this, I do not want to waste all of our resources over a thing like this that should not have started in the first place. We don’t want to lose or electricity and I don’t want us all to suffer from a couple of people not helping. So I hope everyone tries to help this situation so that future generations can live good lives. So  we all need to work together to save the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment